Call us at 203-772-1816
email at rebecca@towerone.org

Rental Information

Tower East

Tower East opened in 1982, completing the campus setting of the retirement community. The campus includes enclosed gardens, courtyards, reserved parking for residents who drive, and ample visitor and caregiver parking.

All apartments in Tower East are available for HUD Section 8 Rental Assistance.  Tower East only admits residents who are eligible for the HUD rental subsidy; residents pay approximately 30 per cent of their income for rent. The remaining 70 per cent of the rent is paid by HUD federal subsidy funds.

Maximum Annual Income

One Person

$32,100

Two Persons

$36,700

 

 

 

 

 

                                                    

Residents may choose from one of two apartment sizes, according to availability:

136

Apartments

Market Rent Fee

 

130  1-Bedroom Apartments

$1,780

 

6      2-Bedroom Apartments

$1,976

 

Assisted Living Floors 1 through 7                

14

Apartments

 

14      1–Bedroom Apartments

 

To schedule a tour:

Rebecca Goodman-Olshansky at 203-772-1816 ext. 250.

 

Tower One/Tower East

Rental Information

Tower One

Designed by renowned architect Charles Moore and opened in the spring of 1971, Tower One was founded to provide affordable rental housing for seniors in well-appointed apartments located in a dynamic urban environment. Tower One includes 178 apartments in a 21-story high-rise building; all apartments have outstanding views of Long Island Sound, downtown New Haven, or the Yale University Campus and western hills.

Residents may choose from one of three apartment styles and sizes, according to availability:

62

Studio Apartments

Market Rent Fee*

 

14   Studios

$1,217

 

48   Deluxe Studios

$1,355

 

Assisted Living Floors 2 through 18

54

Studio Apartments

Market Rent Fee*

 

24   Studios

$1,343

 

30   Deluxe Studios

$1,475

 

Assisted Living Floors 2 through 18

 

 

 

 

 

 

62

1-Bedroom Apartments

Market Rent Fee*

 

37    Small One-Bedroom

$1,972 (2 people, $2,310)

 

25    Large One-Bedroom

$2,148 (2 people, $2,486)

 

 *The Market Rent Fee includes the cost of the dinner plan for one person. Residents of Tower One must participate in the dinner plan, which is currently $338 per month per person. 

Tower One maintains 92 Section 8 Rental Subsidy Certificates. Income requirements, as indicated below, must be met in order to qualify for Section 8 rental assistance.

Maximum Annual Income

One Person

$32,100

Two Persons

$36,700